The Resort at Pelican Hill
Newport Coast, CA
With its sweeping views of the coastline, golf course and inland hills, The Resort at Pelican Hill offers a unique vacation experience enhanced by the resort swimming pools. The exquisite pools include the Coliseum Pool, a perfectly circular pool with transparent sea green glass tiles lining the bottom, which represents one of the largest such pools in the world. The Villa Pool, with a unique pie-shape, also with a glass tile bottom, opens up to picturesque views of the revered Orange County Coastline. Both pools offer breathtaking vistas, rim-flow edge conditions, and salt water disinfection to guarantee the most enjoyable swimming and leisure experience.
PACE provided civil, mechanical and electrical engineering design for the Villa Recreation Center and Inn area pools and spas. All pools were skimmer pools with a typical pool coping edge. The Inn Area swimming pools have a surge tank (rim flow pool edge). Additionally, PACE performed an evaluation of disinfection systems alternatives, including saltwater treatment which was ultimately utilized in the design.
Villas Recreation Center:
- Swimming Pool (6,400 SF)
- Kids Pool (350 SF)
- Spa (130 SF)
- Mechanical Equipment Room below the pool deck
Inn Area Pools:
- 100-ft diameter rim flow swimming pool (14,500 SF)
- Kids Pool (800 SF)
- Spa (130 SF)
- Mechanical Equipment Room (possibly below pool deck level).
Indoor Spas at the Inn Area:
- Men’s Spa (220 sq. ft.)
- Women’s Spa (220 sq. ft.)
- (2) Mechanical Equipment Rooms (± 30 ft. from the spas located in the enclosed area)
- The Coliseum pool is one of largest circular pools in the world, holding 380,000 gallons of water
- Salt water disinfection
- Rim flow
- Mechanical Equipment Room is below pool deck level