Stormwater Management Design Engineer
Entry level Design Engineer position available for a new graduate in civil engineering motivated to pursue a water resource engineering career. This position will focus on stormwater management with an emphasis on hydrology and hydraulics. Job duties will entail performing a wide variety of engineering analyses and design requiring excellent engineering ability, as well as verbal and written communication skills. Engineering functions of this position will include:
- watershed hydrology and rainfall analysis
- hydrology and hydraulic modeling
- drainage / flood control planning and design
- water quality/BMP planning and design
- fluvial and sediment transport analysis
- flood mitigation studies
- complex hydraulic analysis / calculation
- floodplain mapping and modeling
- river engineering
- urban drainage systems planning and design
- New graduates or graduating seniors only
- BS Civil Engineering with water resource emphasis or related degree
- Basic engineering computation capabilities
- Standard hydraulic/hydrology modeling experience
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills including technical writing and presentations
- Ability to work in a team environment and self-directed
- MS Office proficiency
- AutoCAD proficient
- esri ArcGIS experience
- Experience with various H&H applications:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision is very helpful. Occasional field work may be required and includes walking through uneven, rugged terrain, requiring good balance, ability to walk moderate to long distances, and good general vision and depth of field vision.
The noise level in the office work environment is moderate. May be required to work in external environment in all weather conditions.
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities
PACE is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, PACE will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Local candidates are preferred. No relocation package is offered.
PACE offers a generous benefits package.
If interested, please respond to this posting by submitting your resume with salary history or salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.