Stormwater CAD Designer
PACE is a dynamic and fast-paced advanced water engineering firm seeking a CAD Designer to support various engineering drafting needs. Applicants shall possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in the civil AutoCAD design field. Candidates should be certified in AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D. A good understanding of hydraulic, hydrologic, grading, and/or other pertinent areas of civil engineering concepts as well as the standard US codes and standards that are in effect regarding those disciplines is desired. Our projects include a wide variety of engineering such as drainage / flood control improvement plans, as well as technical study exhibits to support drainage and hydrology analysis. Drainage and flood control improvement plans can include a variety of drainage structures, including dams, levees, underground storm drain systems, flood control channels, streambank revetments and detention basins, as well as significant site grading. Good CAD skills desired include preparing exhibits and construction drawings (plan and profiles of horizontal structures such as roads, pipelines, and streambank protection, sections and details).
Applicants should be organized and be able to keep track of numerous project files through the various phases of design.
CAD Design Functions will include:
- Prepare project drawings under the direction of engineers applying industry plan format standards, while exercising judgement in layout and function.
- Create and manage electronic document file structure, naming convention in accordance with company standards.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Engineers to set-up and manage contract and construction drawings.
- Create and/or modify base drawings, which may be used in a variety of presentation documents.
- Can be relied on as productive team member and AutoCAD / Civil 3D user to work a typical set of project documents from beginning to end with professional quality output that conforms to company standards.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Follow CAD standards.
Candidate resumes will be evaluated relative to experience and knowledge of all areas of water resources, general civil and land development. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- Should be certified in advanced areas of AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D use or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience predominantly in drainage / flood control, grading and land development.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be receptive and adaptive to change.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision is very helpful. Occasional field work may be required and includes walking through uneven, rugged terrain, requiring good balance, ability to walk moderate to long distances, and good general vision and depth of field vision.
The noise level in the office work environment is moderate. May be required to work in external environment in all weather conditions.
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities
PACE is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, PACE will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Local candidates are preferred. No relocation package is offered.
If interested, please respond to this posting by submitting your resume with salary history or salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANDIDATES PRESENTED BY RECRUITERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.