Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Specialist
PACE is seeking an Instrumentation and Controls Engineering Specialist with specific experience designing, fabricating, programming and commissioning water-related process control and instrumentation systems using SCADA, PLCs, HMIs and industrial networking hardware to support our growing energy efficiency and sustainability group.
The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will be supporting the design, fabrication and deployment of controls and instrumentation in the following market sectors:
- Potable & Non-Potable Water Production, Storage & Distribution
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Pumping Facilities
- Cogeneration & Solar Power Production
- Water Quality and Environmental Monitoring
- Recreational Aquatic Facilities
Applicants shall have the following minimum experience:
- Minimum of five years of experience with PLC, HMI and SCADA System programming
- Minimum of five years of experience performing field start-up and troubleshooting of PLC, SCADA, Radio Network and Field Instrumentation systems
- Specific Skills Needed:
- Proficient with AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word
- Proficient in the development of P&ID’s and associated I/O diagrams
- Strong understanding of wiring schematics and field instrumentation field wiring
- SCADA programs including system graphic and database design for:
- Wonderware InTouch, Historian (Standard and Enterprise), and System Platform (2012 or later)
- Factory Talk SE and ME
- PLC Hardware set-up and programming including:
- Schneider Electric – Modicon, Momentum and SCADAPack
- Allen Bradley
- PLC programming software:
- Rockwell Automation RSLogix 500 / 5000
- Unity Pro (version 10 or later)
- TelePace Studio
- Radio set-up and programming including:
- GE MDS
- Communication Protocols:
- Modbus RTU and ASCII
- Modbus TCP/IP
- Modbus Plus
The following skills are not required, but are highly desirable:
- Experience working with PC networks, MS Windows and Apple OS in an industrial environment
- Experience with water treatment and wastewater treatment facilities, pumping facilities, and water storage / conveyance systems
Candidate resumes will be evaluated relative to experience and knowledge of all areas listed above.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision is very helpful.
Field work and travel with overnight stays will be required. Travel is not on a regular basis, but at times can be as much as five continuous days and is not expected to average more than 50% of working time, on average.
The noise level in the office work environment is moderate. The noise level in the field work environment will include working in and around operating machinery, exposed electrical systems and potentially dusty and dirty environments. The candidate may be required to work in external environments in all weather conditions.
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities
PACE is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, PACE will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Local candidates are preferred. No relocation package is offered.
CANDIDATES PRESENTED BY RECRUITERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.