PACE is seeking a GIS Technician to assist in providing GIS support for engineering projects in the field of water resources. Functions of this position will include:
- Utilizing ArcGIS software in water resources.
- Creating mapping documents for engineering staff.
- Providing statistics and analytical support for the engineering staff.
- Collecting information using GPS equipment.
- Creating GIS data layers in vector and raster format.
- Maintaining and organizing data within GIS.
- Responding in a timely manner to internal and external phone calls, text messages and e-mails.
- Position requires the use of judgment to plan, perform; general decisions are made to solve a problem or select a course of action for a standard or recognized method of operation.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from of co-workers and managers.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and concepts, ArcGIS Desktop/Workstation.
- Competent in using printers, plotters, and scanners.
- Proficient in technical cartographic skills, NT operating systems, and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. Experience with PowerPoint beneficial.
- Experience with Trimble GPS equipment a plus
- Experience with ArcHydro, HEC-GeoRAS, HEC-GeoHMS, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, WMS and/or AutoCAD a plus.
- Experience with operating drones, specifically DJI Phantom Series, and drone mapping software a plus.
- Motivated to learn skills related to Hydrology/Hydraulics, GIS cartography, and GIS analysis.
- BA/BS degree in Geography, Information Systems, or Computer Science including course work in GIS.
- Preferred Minimum two (2) years of work experience and/or internship in GIS.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision is very helpful. Occasional field work may be required and includes walking through uneven, rugged terrain, requiring good balance, ability to walk moderate to long distances, and good general vision and depth of field vision.
The noise level in the office work environment is moderate.
Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience and capabilities.
PACE is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, PACE will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Local candidates are preferred and no relocation package is offered.
PACE offers a generous benefits package.
If interested, please respond to this posting by submitting your resume with salary history or salary requirement to: email@example.com.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.