Environmental Water Design Engineer
PACE is seeking a Civil/Environmental Engineer with 0 to 2 years of experience focused in the planning, design, and permitting of sustainable water resources; specifically relating to the treatment, conveyance, and storage of wastewater, recycled water, and potable water. The position will also require specific knowledge of engineering design to perform a wide variety of analyses. The ideal candidate has a degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering with focused study in water resources / water engineering, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proven problem-solving ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, or related engineering field with up to 2 years of work experience, master’s degree a plus
- Valid EIT Certificate
- University courses in water resources / water engineering such as water and wastewater treatment, hydraulics, US regulatory framework (SDWA, NPDES, CA Title 22, etc.), sustainability, etc.
- MS Office proficiency
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
The position requires the ability to work as both part of a team as well as self-directed. Functions of this portion may include:
- Technical writing, including interfacing with & integrating the work of others
- Environmental permit application preparation & negotiation
- Field studies & site analysis
- Hydraulic design
- Construction document preparation (specifications & drawings)
- Coordination with process vendors & contractors
- Construction administration / support
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision is very helpful. Occasional field work may be required and includes walking through uneven, rugged terrain, requiring good balance, ability to walk moderate to long distances, and good general vision and depth of field vision.
The noise level in the office work environment is moderate. May be required to work in an external environment in all weather conditions.
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities.
PACE is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, PACE will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Local candidates are preferred. No relocation package is offered.
If interested, please respond to this posting by submitting your resume with salary requirement to: email@example.com.
CANDIDATES PRESENTED BY RECRUITERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.