Environmental Water Design Engineer
PACE is seeking a Civil/Environmental Engineer with 0 to 2 years of experience focused in the planning, design, and permitting of sustainable water resources; specifically relating to the treatment, conveyance, and storage of wastewater, recycled water, and potable water. The position will also require specific knowledge of engineering design to perform a wide variety of analyses. The ideal candidate has a degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering with focused study in water resources / water engineering, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proven problem solving ability.
The position requires the ability to work as both part of a team as well as self-directed. Functions of this position may include:
- Technical writing, including interfacing with and integrating the work of others
- Environmental permit application preparation and negotiation
- Field studies and site analysis
- Hydraulic design
- Construction Document preparation (specifications and drawings)
- Coordination with process vendors and contractors
- Construction administration / support
This position will develop a broad knowledge of the civil engineering field along with specific knowledge of regulatory framework for projects in California, Arizona, and those under US EPA Federal regulation. The position will strategically apply sustainable design practices to a variety of water resources projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, or related engineering field with up to 2 years of work experience, master’s degree a plus
- Valid Engineering-In-Training (EIT) Certificate
- University courses in water resources / water engineering such as water and wastewater treatment, hydraulics, US regulatory framework (SDWA, NPDES, CA Title 22, etc.), sustainability, etc.
- MS Office proficiency
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision is very helpful. Occasional field work may be required and includes walking through uneven, rugged terrain, requiring good balance, ability to walk moderate to long distances, and good general vision and depth of field vision.
The noise level in the office work environment is moderate. May be required to work in external environment in all weather conditions.
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities
PACE is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, PACE will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Local candidates are preferred. No relocation package is offered.
If interested, please respond to this posting by submitting your resume with salary history or salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANDIDATES PRESENTED BY RECRUITERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.