PACE is seeking an Electrical Engineer to perform power distribution, control and instrumentation design services for water and wastewater infrastructure including wells, pump stations, treatment facilities, power generation and communication systems. In addition, the Electrical Engineer will be supporting the design, fabrication and deployment of SCADA systems, controls and instrumentation in the following market sectors:
- Potable & Non-Potable Water Production, Storage & Distribution
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Pumping Facilities
- Cogeneration & Solar Power Production
- Standby and Emergency Power Generation
- Recreational Aquatic Facilities
- Performing electrical design, calculations and preparing plans and specifications for water and wastewater infrastructure projects under the supervision of a registered electrical engineer.
- Performing load calculations, detailed conduit routing, motor control center and switchgear design.
- Sizing and selection of back-up power generation systems
- Sizing and selection of industrial and commercial lighting systems
- Assist and direct the work of electrical design and drafting staff
- Some understanding and performance of short circuit, protective device and coordination studies
- Understanding and development of One-Line diagrams and Control schematics
- Interfacing and coordinating electrical and control design with electrical utilities, project design team and project client
- Conducting site visits to perform electrical assessments and observe construction and operation of facilities
- Perform assessments of PLC control and instrumentation systems
- Assist with the preparation of project proposals
- Familiarity with power system applications, including calculation of available short circuit current, voltage drop, harmonic distortion, and power factor
- Strong understanding and demonstrated knowledge application of NEC, NFPA 820, Cal Green and California Electric Code and NESC as they apply to water and wastewater infrastructure
- Familiarity programming PLCs, HMIs, SCADA and Instrumentation Systems
- Familiarity with industrial network communication including Ethernet IP, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus RTU and Allen Bradley DF1.
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated, articulate, and self-starting
- Have the ability to interact positively with team and project clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in Electrical Engineering
- CA PE registration or ability to obtain registration within 1 year required.
Candidate resumes will be evaluated relative to experience and knowledge of all areas listed above.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision is very helpful. Field work and travel with overnight stays will be required.
The noise level in the office work environment is moderate. The noise level in the field work environment will include working in and around operating machinery, exposed electrical systems and potentially dusty and dirty environments. The candidate may be required to work in external environments in all weather conditions.
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities
PACE is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, PACE will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Local candidates are preferred. No relocation package is offered.
CANDIDATES PRESENTED BY RECRUITERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
If interested, please respond to this posting by submitting your resume with salary history, salary requirement and references to: email@example.com.